About Dr. Au Siu Kie
Specialist in Clinical Oncology
First authored papers:
1. Au JS, Cho CS, Chow SC, Yang M. DNA Expression Profiles of Non-small Cell Lung Cancer. Chinese Journal of Lung Cancer, 2009 Jan; 12 (1): 8-15.
2. Au JS, Cho CS, Yip TT, Law SC. Proteinchip Profiling of Tumor markers in Lung Adenocarcinoma from Non-smoking Oriental Female Patients. Ai Zheng. 2008 Mar;27(3):264-71, 2008, 27(3): 264-271
3. Au JS, Cho CS, Yip TT, Law SC. Proteomic Approach to Biomarker Discovery in Cancer Tissue from Lung Adenocarcinoma Among Nonsmoking Chinese Women in Hong Kong. Cancer Investigation. 2008 Feb; 26(2): 128-135
4. Au JS, Cho WC, Yip TT, Yip C, Zhu H, Leung WW, Tsui PY, Kwok DL, Kwan SS, Cheng WW, Tzang LC, Yang M, Law SC. Deep Proteome profiling of sera from never-smoked lung cancer patients. Biomedicine et Pharmacotherapy. 2007 Sep 14; 61(9):570-577.
5. Au JS, Mang WK, Foo W, Law SC. Time trends of lung cancer incidence and smoking prevalence in Hong Kong 1983-2000. Lung Cancer 2004 Aug; 45(2):143-152.
6. Au JS, Law SC, Foo W, Lau WH. In-depth evaluation of the AJCC/UICC 1997 staging system of nasopharyngeal carcinoma: Prognostic homogeneity and proposed refinements. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2003 Jun 1;56(2):413-26.
1. Yu E, Stitt L, Vujovic O, Joseph K, Assouline A, Au J, Younus J, Perera F, Tai P. Prognostic factors for male breast cancer: similarity to female counterparts. Anticancer Res. 2013 May;33(5):2227-31.
2. Lee CK, Brown C, Gralla RJ, Hirsh V, Thongprasert S, Tsai CM, Tan EH, Ho JC, Chu da T, Zaatar A, Osorio Sanchez JA, Vu VV, Au JS, Inoue A, Lee SM, Gebski V, Yang JC. Impact of EGFR inhibitor in non-small cell lung cancer on progression-free and overall survival: a meta-analysis. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2013 May 1;105(9):595-605.
3. Tse LA, Yu IT, Wang XR, Qiu H, Au JS. Synergistic effect between alcohol consumption and familial susceptibility on lung cancer risk among Chinese men. PLoS One. 2012;7(7):e40647.
4. Merimsky O, Cheng CK, Au JS, von Pawel J, Reck M. Efficacy and safety of first-line erlotinib in elderly patients with advanced non-small cell lung cancer. Oncol Rep. 2012 Aug;28(2):721-7.
5. Tong CC, Au KH, Ngan RK, Cheung FY, Chow SM, Fu YT, Au JS, Law SC. Definitive radiotherapy for early stage glottic cancer by 6 MV photons. Head Neck Oncol. 2012 May 18;4:23.
6. Chen M, Tse LA, Au RK, Yu IT, Wang XR, Lao XQ, Au JS. Mesothelioma and lung cancer mortality: a historical cohort study among asbestosis workers in Hong Kong. Lung Cancer. 2012 May;76(2):165-70.
7. Tse LA, Yu IT, Qiu H, Au JS, Wang XR. A case-referent study of lung cancer and incense smoke, smoking, and residential radon in Chinese men. Environ Health Perspect. 2011 Nov;119(11):1641-6.
8. Tse LA, Yu IT, Qiu H, Au JS, Wang XR. Occupational risks and lung cancer burden for Chinese men: a population-based case-referent study. Cancer Causes Control. 2012 Jan;23(1):121-31.
9. Cheng HC, Wu VW, Ngan RK, Tang KW, Chan CC, Wong KH, Au SK, Kwong DL.A prospective study on volumetric and dosimetric changes during intensity-modulated radiotherapy for nasopharyngeal carcinoma patients. Radiother Oncol. 2012 Sep;104(3):317-23.
10. Salto-Tellez M, Tsao MS, Shih JY, Thongprasert S, Lu S, Chang GC, Au JS, Chou TY, Lee JS, Shi YK, Radzi A, Kang JH, Kim SW, Tan SY, Yang JC. Clinical and testing protocols for the analysis of epidermal growth factor receptor mutations in East Asian patients with non-small cell lung cancer: a combined clinical-molecular pathological approach. J Thorac Oncol. 2011 Oct;6(10):1663-9. doi: 10.1097/JTO.0b013e318227816a.
11. Cho WC, Kwan CK, Yau S, So PP, Poon PC, Au JS. The role of inflammation in the pathogenesis of lung cancer. Expert Opin Ther Targets. 2011 Sep;15(9):1127-37.
12. Tse LA, Yu IT, Qiu H, Au JS, Wang XR, Tam W, Yu KS. Lung cancer decreased sharply in first 5 years after smoking cessation in Chinese men. J Thorac Oncol. 2011 Oct;6(10):1670-6.
13. Wong DW, Leung EL, Wong SK, Tin VP, Sihoe AD, Cheng LC, Au JS, Chung LP, Wong MP. A novel KIF5B-ALK variant in nonsmall cell lung cancer. Cancer. 2011 Jun 15;117(12):2709-18. doi: 10.1002/cncr.25843. Epub 2011 Jan 10.
14. Tong CC, Au KH, Ngan RK, Chow SM, Cheung FY, Fu YT, Au JS, Law SC. Impact and relationship of anterior commissure and time-dose factor on the local control of T1N0 glottic cancer treated by 6 MV photons. Radiat Oncol. 2011 May 21;6:53. doi: 10.1186/1748-717X-6-53.
15. Tsai CM, Au JS, Chang GC, Cheng AC, Zhou C, Wu YL. Safety and efficacy of first-line bevacizumab with chemotherapy in Asian patients with advanced nonsquamous NSCLC: results from the phase IV MO19390 (SAiL) study. J Thorac Oncol. 2011 Jun;6(6):1092-7.
16. Cho WC, Chow AS, Au JS. MiR-145 inhibits cell proliferation of human lung adenocarcinoma by targeting EGFR and NUDT1. RNA Biol. 2011 Jan-Feb;8(1):125-31.
17. Mok T, Wu YL, Au JS, Zhou C, Zhang L, Perng RP, Park K. Efficacy and safety of erlotinib in 1242 East/South-East Asian patients with advanced non-small cell lung cancer. J Thorac Oncol. 2010 Oct;5(10):1609-15.
18. Lee AW, Tung SY, Chua DT, Ngan RK, Chappell R, Tung R, Siu L, Ng WT, Sze WK, Au GK, Law SC, O’Sullivan B, Yau TK, Leung TW, Au JS, Sze WM, Choi CW, Fung KK, Lau JT, Lau WH. Randomized trial of radiotherapy plus concurrent-adjuvant chemotherapy vs radiotherapy alone for regionally advanced nasopharyngeal carcinoma. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2010 Aug 4;102(15):1188-98.
19. Tse LA, Yu IT, Goggins W, Clements M, Wang XR, Au JS, Yu KS. Are current or future mesothelioma epidemics in Hong Kong the tragic legacy of uncontrolled use of asbestos in the past? Environ Health Perspect. 2010 Mar;118(3):382-6. Erratum in: Environ Health Perspect. 2010 Mar;118(3):380. Environ Health Perspect. 2010 Jun;118(6):A240.
20. Cho WC, Chow AS, Au JS. Restoration of tumour suppressor hsa-miR-145 inhibits cancer cell growth in lung adenocarcinoma patients with epidermal growth factor receptor mutation. Eur J Cancer. 2009 Aug;45(12):2197-206. Epub 2009 Jun 1.
21. Tse LA, Mang OW, Yu IT, Wu F, Au JS, Law SC. Cigarette smoking and changing trends of lung cancer incidence by histological subtype among Chinese male population. Lung Cancer. 2009 Jan 29.
22. Wong DW, Leung EL, So KK, Tam IY, Sihoe AD, Cheng LC, Ho KK, Au JS, Chung LP, Pik Wong M; University of Hong Kong Lung Cancer Study GroupMembers of the University of Hong Kong Lung Cancer Study Group include Lik‐Cheung Cheng, Daniel Tsin‐Tien Chua, Lap‐Ping Chung, James Chung‐Man Ho, Elaine Lai‐Han Leung, Alan Dart‐Loon Sihoe, Vicky Pui-Chi Tin, and Maria Pik Wong. The EML4-ALK fusion gene is involved in various histologic types of lung cancers from nonsmokers with wild-type EGFR and KRAS. Cancer. 2009 Jan 23;115(8):1723-1733.
23. Wang XR, Yu IT, Chiu YL, Qiu H, Fu Z, Goggins W, Au JS, Tse LA, Wong TW. Previous pulmonary disease and family cancer history increase the risk of lung cancer among Hong Kong women. Cancer Causes Control. 2009 Jan 25. [Epub ahead of print]
24. Wang XR, Chiu YL, Qiu H, Au JS, Yu IT. The roles of smoking and cooking emissions in lung cancer risk among Chinese women in Hong Kong. Ann Oncol. 2009 Apr;20(4):746-51. Epub 2009 Jan 15.
25. Tse LA, Yu IT, Au JS, Yu KS, Kwok KP, Qiu H, Wong TW. Environmental tobacco smoke and lung cancer among Chinese nonsmoking males: might adenocarcinoma be the culprit? Am J Epidemiol. 2009 Mar 1;169(5):533-41. Epub 2009 Jan 6.
26. Yu IT, Chiu YL, Au JS, Wong TW, Tang JL. Dose-response relationship between cooking fumes exposures and lung cancer among Chinese nonsmoking women.Cancer Res. 2006 May 1;66(9):4961-7.
27. Teo PM, Leung SF, Tung SY, Zee B, Sham JS, Lee AW, Lau WH, Kwan WH, Leung TW, Chua D, Sze WM, Au JS, Yu KH, O SK, Kwong D, Yau TK, Law SC, Sze WK, Au G, Chan AT. Dose-response relationship of nasopharyngeal carcinoma above conventional tumoricidal level: a study by the Hong Kong nasopharyngeal carcinoma study group (HKNPCSG). Radiother Oncol. 2006 Apr;79(1):27-33. Epub 2006 Apr 19.
28. Lee AW, Lau WH, Tung SY, Chua DT, Chappell R, Xu L, Siu L, Sze WM, Leung TW, Sham JS, Ngan RK, Law SC, Yau TK, Au JS, O’Sullivan B, Pang ES, O SK, Au GK, Lau JT; Hong Kong Nasopharyngeal Cancer Study Group. Preliminary results of a randomized study on therapeutic gain by concurrent chemotherapy for regionally-advanced nasopharyngeal carcinoma: NPC-9901 Trial by the Hong Kong Nasopharyngeal Cancer Study Group.J Clin Oncol. 2005 Oct 1;23(28):6966-75.
29. Lee AW, Sze WM, Au JS, Leung SF, Leung TW, Chua DT, Zee BC, Law SC, Teo PM, Tung SY, Kwong DL, Lau WH. Treatment results for nasopharyngeal carcinoma in the modern era: the Hong Kong experience. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2005 Mar 15;61(4):1107-16.
30. Yu KH, Leung SF, Tung SY, Zee B, Chua DT, Sze WM, Law SC, Kam MK, Leung TW, Sham JS, Lee AW, Au JS, Hui EP, Sze WK, Cheng AC, Yau TK, Ngan RK, Wong FC, Au GK, Chan AT; Hong Kong Nasopharyngeal Carcinoma Study Group. Survival outcome of patients with nasopharyngeal carcinoma with first local failure: a study by the Hong Kong Nasopharyngeal Carcinoma Study Group. Head Neck. 2005 May;27(5):397-405.
31. Yip TT, Chan JW, Cho WC, Yip TT, Wang Z, Kwan TL, Law SC, Tsang DN, Chan JK, Lee KC, Cheng WW, Ma VW, Yip C, Lim CK, Ngan RK, Au JS, Chan A, Lim WW. Protein Chip Array Profiling Analysis in Patients with Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Identified Serum Amyloid A Protein as a Biomarker Potentially Useful in Monitoring the Extent of Pneumonia. Clin Chem. 2004 Sep 13.
32. Ngan RK, Yip TT, Cheng WW, Chan JK, Cho WC, Ma VW, Wan KK, Au JS, Law CK. Clinical Role of Circulating Epstein-Barr Virus DNA as a Tumor Marker in Lymphoepithelioma-Like Carcinoma of the Lung. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2004 Jun;1022:263-270.
33. Hui EP, Leung SF, Au JS, Zee B, Tung S, Chua D, Sze WM, Law CK, Leung TW, Chan AT. Lung metastasis alone in nasopharyngeal carcinoma: A relatively favorable prognostic group. Cancer. 2004 Jul 15;101(2):300-6.
34. Lee AW, Au JS, Teo PM, Leung TW, Chua DT, Sze WM, Zee BC, Law SC, Leung SF, Tung SY, Kwong DL, Lau WH. Staging of Nasopharyngeal Carcinoma: Suggestions for Improving the Current UICC/AJCC Staging System. Clinical Oncology. 2004 June; 16(4): 269-276.
35. Chow SM, Law SC, Mendenhall WM, Au SK, Yau S, Mang O, Lau WH. Differentiated thyroid carcinoma in childhood and adolescence-clinical course and role of radioiodine. Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2004 Feb;42(2):176-83.
36. Cho WC, Yip TT, Yip C, Yip V, Thulasiraman V, Ngan RK, Yip TT, Lau WH, Au JS, Law SC, Cheng WW, Ma V, Lim C K. Identification of Serum Amyloid A Protein As a Potentially Useful Biomarker to Monitor Relapse of Nasopharyngeal Cancer by Serum Proteomic Profiling. Clin Can Res. 2004 Jan; 10:43-52.
37. Chow SM, Law SC, Au SK, Mang O, Yau S, Yuen KT, Lau WH. Changes in clinical presentation, management and outcome in 1348 patients with differentiated thyroid carcinoma: experience in a single institute in Hong Kong, 1960-2000. Clin Oncol (R Coll Radiol). 2003 Sep;15(6):329-36.
38. Chow SM, Law SC, Chan JK, Au SK, Yau S, Lau WH. Papillary microcarcinoma of the thyroid-Prognostic significance of lymph node metastasis and multifocality. Cancer. 2003 Jul 1;98(1):31-40.
39. Law SC, Lam WK, Ng MF, Au SK, Mak WT, Lau WH. Reirradiation of nasopharyngeal carcinoma with intracavitary mold brachytherapy: an effective means of local salvage. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2002 Nov 15;54(4):1095-113.
40. Chow SM, Law SC, Mendenhall WM, Au SK, Yau S, Yuen KT, Law CC, Lau WH. Follicular thyroid carcinoma: prognostic factors and the role of radioiodine. Cancer. 2002 Aug 1;95(3):488-98.
41. Ngan RK, Yiu HH, Lau WH, Yau S, Cheung FY, Chan TM, Kwok CH, Chiu CY, Au SK, Foo W, Law CK, Tse KC. Combination gemcitabine and cisplatin chemotherapy for metastatic or recurrent nasopharyngeal carcinoma: report of a phase II study. Ann Oncol. 2002 Aug;13(8):1252-8.
42. Chow SM, Law SC, Au SK, Leung TW, Chan PT, Mendenhall WM, Lau WH. Differentiated thyroid carcinoma: comparison between papillary and follicular carcinoma in a single institute. Head Neck. 2002 Jul;24(7):670-7.
43. Ngan RK, Yip TT, Cheng WW, Chan JK, Cho WC, Ma VW, Wan KK, Au SK, Law CK, Lau WH. Circulating Epstein-Barr virus DNA in serum of patients with lymphoepithelioma-like carcinoma of the lung: a potential surrogate marker for monitoring disease. Clin Cancer Res. 2002 Apr;8(4):986-94.
44. Chow SM, Law SC, Mendenhall WM, Au SK, Chan PT, Leung TW, Tong CC, Wong IS, Lau WH. Papillary thyroid carcinoma: prognostic factors and the role of radioiodine and external radiotherapy. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2002 Mar 1;52(3):784-95.